Beach Clean Up

On Wednesday me Luke and some people from kereru we to the Tambo to do a beach clean up. First we had to measure the distance the Crursaders (our school environment group) did last time and post it off with pink poles. Then we got in a straight line and started to walk up the beach looking for rubbish. Luke found a scuff and a tennis ball then I found a nerf bullet but no gun to shoot the bullet. It was fun to pick up rubbish.  And I helped stop the rubbish going into the sea and killing animals.   Would you like to save the environment?

3 thoughts on “Beach Clean Up

1. Awesome Finnian. It sounds like you had a lot of fun helping to protect the animals in the ocean. Aunty Cheryl and I go walking on Waihi beach every day and we pick up rubbish…lots of tiny plastic pieces that you have to look really closely to see. I am very proud of you. See you soonGranny Peas

2. Congratulation Finian! That was a really worthwhile thing to do. Plastics can be rather dangerous because they break down to very small particles, smaller than bacteria. These can get into all sorts of life forms, plants and animals and damage the tissues! Kind regards, Alister.